The ultimate in window treatments for the smallest room in the house is something that needs a little contemplation before choosing the ideal solution. By nature, the environment in a bathroom is hot and steamy—something that certainly needs to be taken into consideration to adequately address.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best options, and also discuss those that really won’t stand the strain of the ongoing damp and humidity that the room has to cope with.
Smart Choices For Bathroom Windows
- Faux wood blinds: These are a delightful way to enjoy the classic aesthetics of wood but have a hardy product that’s resistant to moisture. Warm, elegant, yet guaranteed to retain their shape, color, and beauty even in bathrooms subjected to the most intense of use. In addition, they’re resistant to mildew and mold. Such blinds also lend themselves to further decor through the use of decorative drapery, should you fancy a change.
- Faux wood/vinyl shutters:The great thing about these shutters is that they can be custom-made to cover windows of any shape or size, making a feature statement in the purest of white or any color hue you chose. You can choose from designs such as café panel shutters that allow you to close the slats on the bottom half for privacy, letting natural light illuminate the rest of the room.
- Honeycomb shades: A truly durable option, these shades not only stand up to the rigors of the bathroom environment, they also provide the intimacy the room requires while still allowing daylight to bathe the room.
Steer clear of these…
The last thing anyone wants is bathroom window dressings that fade, discolor, warp, rot, or become covered in mold. Humidity is the enemy here, so even if you love the look of the following, strike them firmly from your list of options.
- Soft roman shades: The natural fibers attract moisture like a magnet, trapping it tightly and promoting the spread of mildew and mold.
- Aluminum blinds: While these may well seem an attractive choice for those on a budget, you’ll soon wish you’d steered clear when they start to rust.
- Wooden blinds: Real wood just can’t cope with the extremes of temperature and moisture within the bathroom. With the option of faux wooden blinds being so superior, there’s absolutely no reason to consider the use of real wood in such a harsh environment.
When it comes to choosing the most beautiful yet practical window treatment options for your bathroom, it pays to get professional advice. Florida-based, Regency Shutter & Shade, are experts in the provision of gorgeous functional choices that are guaranteed to withstand all the elements they’re subjected to.
With their wide range of designs, colors, and materials, Regency is the go-to provider for window treatments in all areas of the house. Their years of experience in the industry, plus their knowledge of the region’s climate, means you’re guaranteed a service that takes extremes of the weather wholly into account.